Reports to: Customer Service and Repair Manager
For over thirty years SUMIKO has been driven by a collective passion for making the best sound possible in both music and film sound formats. We have done so while striving to bring the best-looking designs to our customers’ homes. We are one of the largest importers and distributors of Hi-End products in North America. Our collection of hi-end global brands includes: Sonus Faber, Pro-Ject, Bassocontinuo, ROTEL and Sumiko.
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Do you love music, play an instrument, or slave away creating the perfect mix? Can you troubleshoot audio components and signal paths? We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who is dependable and will contribute their talents to our team. If you are a repair technician who can repair high end home audio equipment, passionate about music, have a positive attitude, possess good communication skills, and driven to provide exceptional and high-quality service, contact us today!
Position Overview: The Repair Technician is at the heart of our Service Department team. He/she will receive units from our Dealers and customers to repair and restore them to proper working order. The Service Technician will analyze, troubleshoot, debug, and repair high end home audio equipment. The Repair Technician will give timely updates to dealer and customers on the status of their Repair. He/she will work closely with the Customer Service and Repair Manager to optimize workflow and strive for efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Evaluate, diagnose, debug, troubleshoot, and perform all repairs for Sumiko, Pro-Ject, Sonus Faber, ROTEL and Basso Continuo brands
• Utilize test equipment (oscilloscopes, multi-meters, etc.) to troubleshoot to the component level, diagnose, and repair high end home audio equipment to our quality standards.
• Fill out all inbound and outbound paperwork/forms completely and accurately
• Professionally communicate with dealers and customers via phone and email to provide technical support, answer questions, and provide status of repairs.
• Develop work instructions and troubleshooting documents
• Perform other duties as requested or required
• Maintain an organized and orderly workspace
• Maintain shop equipment